66th USHA National Collegiate Handball Championships, Missouri State University, Feb. 21-25, 2018
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Missouri State University, the defending Collegiate Team Champions, hosts the 66th USHA National Collegiate Championships, Feb. 21-25 at the Plaster Center courts. This is the sixth time the Collegiates have been hosted at Mo. State. Doubles and preliminary singles competition begin Wednesday morning.
Rules, Eligibility and Code of Conduct
- Monday, February 12 - Deadline for First Draft of Seeding to Coaches
- Tuesday, February 13 - Deadline for First Challenges from Coaches
- Wednesday, February 14 - Deadline for Second Draft of Seeding to Coaches
- Thursday, February 15 - Deadline for Final Challenges from Coaches
- Friday, February 16 - Final Seeding information submitted
- Monday, February 19 - Starting Times and Draws Posted
- February 21 (12 pm) - Play may begin
- February 25-(12 pm) - Play ends
- March 5 - All American Bios and Championship Articles due
The new naming conventions will be broken into Open, A, B, and C Divisions for the men and women draws. Each Division will contain a number of brackets based upon the number of players in a division.
- Open Division – Open Bracket
- A Division – A1, A2, A3 Brackets
- B Division – B1, B2, B3, Brackets
- C Division – C1, C2, C3 Brackets
- Open Division– Open Bracket
- A Division – A1, A2 Brackets
- B Division – B1, B2 Brackets
- C Division - C Bracket
To categorize teams for Open, A, or B team titles, you would take the AVERAGE of the players’ seeds. For the 2015 men’s draw, to find the three Divisions you would divide the total number of entrants by 3, e.g. 162 entrants / 3 = 54.
- Open Division up to 54
- A Division 55 – 108
- B Division 109 - 162
To qualify for a team title, a school would still need to have a minimum of three players in a gender. Points would be calculated exactly how they were in 2015. The schools would have been divided as follows in the Men’s 2015 tournament using this method.
- Wall chart-Draws will be posted on the wall in a diamond shape to reflect where players move to as the players either win or lose in the first two rounds.
- Women's Divisions (template)
- Men's Divisions (template)
- Times- Thursday (TBD), Friday (TBD), Saturday (TBD)
- Times - TBD
- Agendas - TBD
- All Tournament -(semi and finalist Open division both genders)
- All American-top 4 (or more in case of tie) American players in top 16 Singles or finalists of Open Doubles
- Sportsmanship (both genders)
- Most Improved Player (both genders based on 2017 finish/2018 finish)